Thursday, March 23, 2006

Moviehole Interviews Nathan Fillion

Edmonton-born Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Serenity) was recently interviewed by moviehole.net:
So what… how surprised were you when the offer came for a feature film?

Nathan: I was so certain… again, the parallel with Malcolm Reynolds, it’s stupid – I was certain we wouldn’t be cancelled. When we were cancelled I was crushed. When the news came around about it looks like we might do a film, I’m talking to Universal, they’re very excited, they’ve bought the rights, I’m writing a script, we’re seeing if it’s going to get greenlit – there’s a process that happens. I’m thinking that would be great. That would be really, really great. If that happened that would be good. I did not believe it was going to happen. I did not put my heart into it. I didn’t start hoping about it because I had lost faith. It’s… I think we were three weeks into filming before I realised it wasn’t going to be taken away from me again.

Do you think it’s likely that you’ll revisit that world again?

Nathan: Do I think it’s likely? Good question. I don’t know. I don’t know if it’s likely. If I understood the inner workings and the why’s and wherefore’s of the entertainment industry I’d be a far more clever man than I am. Would I do it – yes. If it never happened I… I have to say I’m happy with how it all turned out. When we got cancelled all I wanted was Malcolm Reynolds back; that’s all I wanted. It’s like, yes, I’ll do that other movie that’d be great but, you know, I’d really like to just be Malcolm Reynolds, … I wanted another shot at it. The movie came around and I got another shot. I wanted the movie to be really, really good. I believe we made a really, really good movie. I got everything I wanted. How can you ask for more than everything you’ve ever wanted? I don’t want to get greedy.
Check out the rest of the interview at the link above.

No comments: