Thursday, July 14, 2005

Former Calgarian Produces Horror Film

Here's a link to a Calgary Sun article about a former Calgarian named Blake Corbet who went from owning a landscaping and construction company to become a movie producer.

"In the construction industry, Corbet says, "People are clean and straight-shooters and honest ... The people who manage movie stars are incredible. I'm not saying that they're all liars and thieves, but the ethical boundaries are a lot more broad."

Corbet sold his landscaping and construction business after moving it to Vancouver in 1998. He has devoted the past eight years to learning filmmaking. About the shift in careers and future of his movie producing role:
"I'm middle aged. I've got a family. It's insanely risky (to go into moviemaking) ... My 15 year old said when (filming Fido) seemed at risk, he said, 'If you don't pull this off, I'm out of here. I'm going to turn myself over to the state. It's too much."

Whether Fido which stars Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix Trilogy), Billy Connolly, Dylan Baker, Henry Czerny, and Tim Black Nelson, has been picked up by Lion's Gate, which will release the film in 2006.

No comments: